All air travel on WSAVA business will be in economy class, unless another class is less expensive.
• Airfares should be booked as soon as travel dates are confirmed to take advantage of advance discounts.
• The economy class ticket need not be the least expensive, but should be for the most convenient, direct flight with the least delays in route, on a suitable and safe carrier.
• The traveler may upgrade the economy air ticket to a higher cabin class either through the use of frequent flyer points or cash at personal expense
• The traveler may also select an airfare to allow stopovers, early arrivals, delayed returns, or alternate routes. However, the reimbursement will be based on a pro forma invoice from the carrier airline showing the economy fare for the most convenient, direct route. The actual invoice of the alternate fare purchased must also be presented.
• One piece of checked personal baggage can be claimed, when using an airline that charges for checked baggage. Extra bags and excess baggage charges will not be reimbursed
• Any airfare or combination of fares over the entitled amount must be pre-approved by the core PCO organizing the congress. If pre-approval is not sought, full reimbursement cannot be guaranteed. While due consideration will be given to travel, expenses incurred on WSAVA business, reimbursement will be assessed on the reasonableness of the claim.
• Kindly note that the WSAVA financial rules do not allow reimbursement of additional expenses (e.g. accompanying persons, business or premium economy class travel, meals, internet access, etc.).
• You are requested to make your own travel arrangements and present receipts to the Congress Secretariat via a link that you will receive after the congress.
*Please note: Travel and accommodation is only granted if you are participating in 4 sessions.